1KG UNFLAVOURED, ISOLATE NAKED WHEY Ingredients
Grass Fed Whey Protein Isolate, (soy lecithin, less than 0.2%)*.
*soy lecithin is a natural non GMO soyabean derivative added to ensure solubility.
Frequently asked questions
Simply put: Anyone who wants to increase their daily protein intake.
• Anyone desiring lean muscle mass
• Anyone wanting to Increase muscle tone
• Anyone wanting to increase their metabolism & manage their weight
• Anyone wishing to aid recovery post exercise
• Any person wanting optimum health benefits of anti ageing and weight loss and general well being
• Those who are not getting enough protein in their current diet, and focused on maintaining adequate levels of skeletal muscle tissue.
• As a drink, we recommend taking it with water or milk – either shake and drink or add to a smoothie.
• Or you can sprinkle it on cereals, salads, make muffins, because it's natural its applications are varied.
• For athletes- within half an hour before exercise and within half hour after a work out
• For general health- we recommend taking it any time daily by replacing a less nutritional meal or snack to give you a high protein, low fat meal replacement.
Pro-Matrix whey protein concentrate (WPC) simply put, is a less filtered version of Pro-Matrix whey protein isolate (WPI).
Both Pro-Matrix proteins are un-denatrued (remaining in its natural / native state) and WPC exhibits the same benefits as WPI but to a slightly lower degree.
WPC has 5 grams of lactose per 100 grams WPI has virtually 0 (0.2 grams per 100 grams).
Pro-Matrix whey goes through a cold extraction , non chemical process to derive its WPC.
From here WPI undergoes one more step of filtration (again using cold extraction and chemical free processing) to result in a higher protein content with less lactose.
The main reason some people prefer WPC is that it maintains an added feeling of fullness. The main reason some people prefer WPI is to achieve optimum results through an almost pure protein profile. For more information – check out our blog
Saving money is a massive temptation to buy cheaper proteins, and it makes sense to save where you can.
But saving on the quality of your whey protein powders can actively work against your goals.
If the cow was grain-fed on a feed lot where it could easily be treated with hormones and antibiotics, those factors will manifest themselves in the form of a weak amino acid profile, high levels of saturated fats, low levels of healthy fats and elevated levels of certain bovine hormones.
Whey that comes from grass-fed cows will look very different....it will be rich in amino acids and healthy fats while remaining free of excess hormones.
The flavour and texture of the end-product will also be impacted with grain-fed whey being slightly bitter and thinner, while a grass fed whey powder has a creamier fuller flavour.
Pro Matrix Grass-fed whey protein powder contains unique nutrients. Grass-fed protein comes loaded with additional nutrients that just aren't present in conventional whey powders.
With grass fed, you will get;
*More omega-3 fatty acids (great for improving heart health and reducing inflammation).
*More vitamin D (great for boosting your mood).
*Double the beta carotene (great for firming up your immune system). &
*An extra dose of conjugated linoleic acid, or "CLA" (great for aiding in weight loss), according to research.
*Pro-Matrix is a Grass Fed Whey Protein produced from the purest protein sources to ensure the end product to our customers are delivering the most superior quality nutritional profile & protein source.
* Pro-Matrix whey isolate and concentrate protein powder is cold filtered ensuring the highest protein quality with maximum biological value, NOT compromised or damaged.
* Free form processed sugars (*xylitol is a natural sugar alternative derived from fruit. & vegetables)
* Gluten free
* Low GI
* Pro Matrix can be used as a convenient meal replacement and in-between meal healthy alternative
* Ingredients are derived from organic and natural ingredients
* Free from artificial flavours & colours
* Free of GMO
* Free of any bulking agents and thickeners
Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Whey Protein :
1. Whey Protein is an Excellent Source of High Quality Protein
It is a complete, high-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids. In addition, it is very digestible, absorbed from the gut quickly compared to other types of Protein. These qualities make it one of the best dietary sources of protein available.
2. Whey Protein Promotes Muscle Growth
Muscle mass naturally declines with age. This usually leads to fat gain and raises the risk of many chronic diseases. However, this adverse change in body composition can be partly slowed, prevented, or reversed with a combination of strength training and adequate diet. Strength training coupled with the consumption of high protein foods or protein supplements has been shown to be an effective preventive strategy
3. Whey Protein May Lower Blood Pressure
Abnormally high blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the leading risk factors for heart disease. In whey proteins, the ACE-inhibitors are called lactokinins. Several animal studies have demonstrated their beneficial effects on blood pressure.
4. Whey Protein May Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease characterized by high blood sugar and impaired function of insulin. Whey protein has been found to be effective at moderating blood sugar, increasing both the levels of insulin and the sensitivity to its effects
5. Whey Protein May Help Reduce Inflammation
A large review study found that high doses of whey protein supplements significantly reduced C-reactive protein (CRP), a key marker of inflammation in the body
6. Whey Protein May Be Beneficial for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Inflammatory bowel disease is a condition characterised by chronic inflammation in the lining of the digestive tract. It is a collective term for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. In both rodents and humans, whey protein supplementation has been found to have beneficial effects on inflammatory bowel disease
7. Whey Protein May Enhance the Body's Antioxidant Defenses
Antioxidants are substances that act against oxidation in the body, reducing oxidative stress and cutting the risk of various chronic diseases. One of the most important antioxidants in humans is glutathione. Unlike most antioxidants we get from the diet, glutathione is produced by the body. In the body, glutathione production depends on the supply of several amino acids, such as cysteine, which is sometimes of limited supply. For this reason, high-cysteine foods, such as whey protein, may boost the body's natural antioxidant defenses.
8. Whey Protein May Have Beneficial Effects on Blood Fats
High cholesterol, especially LDL cholesterol, is a risk factor for heart disease. In one study in overweight individuals, 54 grams of whey protein per day, for 12 weeks, led to a significant reduction in total and LDL (the "bad") cholesterol
9. Whey Protein is Highly Satiating (Filling),
Which May Help Reduce Hunger Some foods are more satiating than others, an effect which is partly mediated by their macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) composition. Protein is by far the most filling of the three macronutrients. However, not all proteins have the same effect on satiety. Whey protein appears to be more satiating than other types of protein, such as casein and soy.
10. Whey Protein Can Help You Lose Weight
Whey protein has been shown to be particularly effective, and may have a superior effect on fat burning and satiety compared to other protein types
The simple equation is; 2 grams protein / kg LBM
*LBM (lean body mass) is your body weight without fat.
So if you’re 77KG with 10% body fat, your LBM is 70KG. Multiply 70KG by 2g (70 X 2) = 140g per day.
It is also recommended to consume protein in quantities no greater than 30-40g serves, which is how protein powder can add convenience to your day.
Pro-Matrix is a natural product. However, every persons circumstances are different when breastfeeding & Pregnant - so we must advise you to seek confirmation from your medical professional before commencing any supplementary product.